CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Judgment (Good or Excessive)

 

I often feel caught between the loonies on the far right (which now includes most of the Republican party and the rather more well-meaning but not always critical thinking folks on my team (re: the liberals/progressives).

I know there are still sane conservatives in America but I have basically given up on deep conversation with most Republicans. They are just too far gone. So my comments are for whatever reasonable humans remain. I did not write the following but, had I sat down to do so, I doubt I'd have done better. I can't say whether or not the original author would have included things like "micro-aggressions" in the list, but I unabashedly do.


The obsessive judgment of virtue isn’t merely tiresome, it is intensely divisive. A world in which everyone is always suspected of being racist or sexist or whatever-it doesn’t lead to inclusivity. Instead it creates a cynical, dogged, frustrated, and jealously controlling society that pits all against all: men against women, poor against rich, natives agains immigrants, heterosexuals against homosexuals, and so on. 

No comments: