CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Backyard Buddies


Backyard Buddies




"Good morning Mr. Squirrel", I said over the top of my coffee cup.
"Oh, hey, good buddy", said he, while munching the last of his breakfast. "Sorry I am a bit too twitchy for chatting at the moment. If you don't mind, I'll just go ahead and pee on your patio furniture, chase my brother around the yard for the sheer fun of it, and head on up to my nest for a nap."
He stopped hopping about half way to his tree, looked over his shoulder and squeaked a final thought in my direction.
"You know, I don't care what the other fellows say. Sure, you're a hideous, over-sized, lumbering, beast who couldn't climb my tree if the leaves were hundred dollar bills. Still, that's some tasty corn you leave out."
Yep, you have a good day now," I shouted with as much good cheer as I could summon.
When he was out of earshot, I mumbled, "and you be careful up there in that very tall, icy, tree, you smart-ass-lil-sumbitch"

No comments: